2021 – Marriage Visa Requirements for Weddings in the UK

2021 - Marriage Visa Requirements for Weddings in the UK

To be eligible for a spousal visa to the UK in 2021, you must meet the following requirements:
– Both partners must be 18 years of age or older.
– Sufficient proficiency in English – Initial applications require a spousal visa at a lower level than that of the extended spousal visa and indefinite leave to remain. Depending on your country of origin, proof of English language proficiency may be required.
– You must meet a minimum level of income – if you are applying without dependents, the requirement is £18,600. There are different rules, depending on whether you are employed or self-employed and whether you are applying with dependents. If you are not working and have £62,500 in savings, you do not need to prove that you are employed.
– You must have suitable housing for you, your partner and/or dependents.
– The sponsor, which is a term referring to a British citizen or “settler” inviting someone to the UK, must be a UK resident or intend to become a resident at the same time as applying for a spousal visa. Someone residing in the UK will have ILR or protected status such as a refugee .
– You must have a genuine and stable relationship. You must be able to prove it, documentation will be required. You do not have to have lived together for 2 years, but if you have lived together for some time, you must provide utility bills as proof.
– You must be able to support yourself and your dependents financially (proof of finances will be required)

If you can meet these criteria, you must have a very strong application – it can also be submitted even if all of these conditions have not been met.
Financial requirements for a spousal visa to register your marriage in England, Scotland, and to register your marriage on a bridal visa in Wales and Northern Ireland (UK)
To move your spouse to the UK, you must be able to prove that you can take care of them during their stay. You must earn above a certain threshold to prove that they will not be a burden on the state during their stay.

However, it is important to note that you will be exempt from the financial requirements if you are in the UK as a refugee or under humanitarian protection. However, you will still need to show that you earn a minimum gross wage; the amount will depend on who you are applying for.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *