Yes, it is possible to apply for a UK marriage visa from a country that is not your home country. In your example, a Chinese citizen applying for a UK marriage visa from Turkey is allowed. The UK visa application process typically follows the guidelines set by the specific visa category and the UK’s immigration rules. Here are a few points to consider:
- Eligibility: The eligibility criteria for the UK marriage visa remain the same regardless of where you apply from. You need to be legally married to a UK citizen or settled person, provide evidence of a genuine and subsisting relationship, meet the financial requirements, and fulfill any other relevant criteria.
- Application Process: You would need to submit your visa application through the UK Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Turkey. You’ll still need to complete the online application form, pay the required fee, and provide all necessary supporting documents.
- Documentation: Make sure you have all the required documents, including your marriage certificate, proof of relationship, financial evidence, English language proficiency test results (if applicable), and other supporting documents. These documents should meet the UK Home Office’s requirements.
- Biometric Appointment: You would need to attend a biometric appointment at the VAC in Turkey to provide your fingerprints and photograph. This is a standard part of the application process.
- Processing Time: The processing time for the visa application can vary, so it’s important to apply well in advance of your intended travel date.
- Interview: In some cases, applicants may be asked to attend an interview at the British Embassy or High Commission in the country where they are applying from. This is to verify the authenticity of the relationship and the application.
- Decision and Travel: Once your application is approved, you’ll be issued a visa vignette that you’ll need to affix to your passport. This will allow you to travel to the UK. Upon arrival, you’ll collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), which will serve as your official visa documentation.
It’s important to note that immigration rules and procedures can change, so it’s recommended to consult the official UK government website or contact the nearest British Embassy or High Commission for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the application process for a UK marriage visa when applying from a country that is not your home country.