Fiancee’s visa to the UK

Are you intending to enter the country to formally marry a British citizen? Then this visa is for you. Under the terms of this visa, you will be entitled to formalise your relationship in the UK for 6 months and then return to Russia.

It is important to bear in mind that, for this type of visa, you must make all arrangements for your marriage and arrange a date for the ceremony. This time must be confirmed by official documents from the British side.

You may apply for a Bridal visa if you are

you plan to visit the country to marry a British national
you do not plan to stay in the UK after that

Requirements for successfully obtaining a fiancée visa

You can apply at the Embassy for a fiancée/spouse visa to the UK if you meet the following basic points:

You are over 18 years old
You are not travelling: for study, work or to visit relatives
You have enough money for a return journey and comfortable stay in the UK
You will return to Russia after the marriage.

What you can and cannot do on a British Bridal Visa


Marry a British citizen.


work in paid or unpaid employment
extend your stay by re-entering the country
Receive private medical care
accept material assistance from the government.

Documents needed for a UK fiancée visa

The following documents are required to apply for a fiancée visa to the UK:

a completed questionnaire,
documents confirming payment of all marriage costs
documents confirming your wedding date
a copy of your future spouse’s passport
certificate of employment indicating your income. The certificate of employment must be on headed company letterhead and bear the stamp and signature of the director or accountant. It is also recommended that you take a 2NDFL certificate from your job. For non-working students – certificate from the institute.
hotel booking confirmation ( and other hotel aggregators will do).
photocopy of birth certificates of underage children, even if they are not going with you.
photocopy of non immovable property certificate (flat, car).
Three to six months’ bank statements. If it is not possible to provide a bank statement, then a reference from the bank about the availability of money in the card account or deposit.
if you are unemployed, you should provide your sponsor’s employment certificate, bank statement and sponsor’s letter.

You will need a blank sheet (blank on both sides) in your passport for the visa. You must also provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh. Be prepared to provide other documents as well, depending on different circumstances.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *