Financial requirements for UK spouse visa

Partners in a civil partnership of persons present and domiciled in the U.K.

Financial requirements for a spousal visa to register your marriage in England, Scotland, and to register your marriage on a bridal visa in Wales and Northern Ireland (UK):
To move your spouse to the UK, you must be able to prove that you can take care of them during their stay. You must earn above a certain threshold to prove that they will not be a burden on the state during their stay.

However, it is important to note that you will be exempt from the financial requirements if you are in the UK as a refugee or under humanitarian protection. However, you will still need to show that you earn a minimum gross wage; the amount will depend on who you are applying for.

How much money is required for a spouse’s wedding visa and for marriage in the UK with and without dependents?

When considering the financial requirements for a spousal visa in the UK, the first question to ask yourself is, “How much do I need to earn for a spousal visa?” ; this is called the minimum income requirement. The minimum income requirements when applying for a spousal visa depend on whether you have dependent children.

If you are only applying for your spouse, you will need to prove that you earn a minimum gross annual income of £18,600.

If you are applying for your spouse and one child, the financial requirements are £22,400 gross per year.

For each additional child (in addition to the point above) you will need to add £2,400 for each child to the £22,400 gross per year.

This means that the minimum income for an applicant with two dependent children would be £24,800 and for three children it would be £27,200.

Note that maintenance funds will be taken into account depending on the source of funds. Only the sources listed below will be considered:

  • Partner income from some employment or self-employment, which in respect of a partner returning to the UK with the applicant may include some employment or self-employment overseas and in the UK, or a combination of both.
  • Applicant’s and/or partner’s pension
  • Maternity or bereavement benefit received by the partner in the UK
  • Any other income and/or savings indicated by the applicant and/or partner.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *