To be eligible for a UK spousal visa in 2021, you must meet the following requirements:
– Both partners must be 18 years of age or older
– Sufficient proficiency in English – Initial applications require a lower level of spousal visa than the extended spousal visa and indefinite leave to remain. Depending on your country of origin, proof of English language proficiency may be required.
– You must meet a minimum level of income – if you are applying without dependents, the requirement is £18,600. There are different rules, depending on whether you are employed or self-employed and whether you are applying with dependents. If you are not working and have £62,500 in savings, you do not need to prove that you are employed.
– You must have suitable housing for you, your partner and/or dependents.
– The sponsor, which is a term referring to a British citizen or “settler” inviting someone to the UK, must be a UK resident or intend to become a resident at the same time as applying for a spousal visa. Someone residing in the UK will have ILR or protected status such as a refugee .
– You must have a genuine and stable relationship. You must be able to prove it, documentation will be required. You do not have to have lived together for 2 years, but if you have lived together for some time, you must provide utility bills as proof.
– You must be able to support yourself and your dependents financially (proof of finances will be required)
If you can meet these criteria, you must have a very strong application – it can also be submitted, even if all of these conditions have not been met.