With the introduction of new rules, those who entered the country on a General Visitor visa are not eligible to enter into an official or civil marriage in the UK.
For this category of visitors, special visas have been introduced – Marriage Visitor, which allow the applicant to come to the UK to conduct a marriage ceremony or formalize a relationship between same-sex partners (Civil Partnership) without further stay in the country.
For example, if a couple wants to get married in one of the ancient castles of Scotland – this visa is just for them. But both partners must leave the UK at the end of the visa period.
Getting a Marriage Visitor visa is a time-consuming and painstaking process. You need to take a very careful approach to collecting the necessary documents, so we recommend that you seek help from immigration specialists.
Please note that if you intend to marry or partner with a British citizen or resident, this category does not apply in this case: you will have to apply for a completely different immigration category Fiance Visa (bride/groom visa) or Spouse Visa (spousal visa).
UK Fiancee visa Cost
Legal assistance in preparing and applying for a visa £750.
UK Fiancee visa Requirements
To obtain a Marriage Visitor visa, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- demonstrate the intention to enter into a marriage, partnership or engagement in the
- UK during the claimed period;
- have the intention to leave the UK at the end of the visa period;
- have enough money to support yourself for the entire period of your stay in the UK.
UK Fiancee visa Limitations
The applicant for a Marriage Visitor visa does not have the right to work, study or organize his own business in the UK, apply for treatment in private clinics, or conduct any other activity not implied by this category of visas.
The visa is issued for a period of 6 months, during which the applicant can come to the UK repeatedly.
The holder of a Marriage Visitor visa does not have the right to switch to another category while in the UK.
A visitor on a Marriage Visitor visa is not allowed to bring family members as dependents.
All those invited to the ceremony must apply for General Visitor.
UK fiancee visa Required documents
- Proof of the applicant’s intention to marry/formalize a partnership during their stay in the UK.
- Proof of the truth of the relationship with the future spouse/partner.
- If the applicant is employed – a letter from the employer confirming that he is releasing the applicant for a certain period of time. The letter must specify the duties, position, salary of the applicant, as well as the date of the end of the vacation.
- If the applicant is a private entrepreneur, he must provide business documents, accounting reports and prove his creditworthiness.
- Proof of close ties with your country: documents for ownership of property, the presence of family ties.
- Travel program, ticket and hotel booking confirmation.
- Bank account statement for the last 3-6 months.
- Proof of additional savings.