English language requirements for marriage visas to England and Scotland 2021 – 2022
The candidate will have to show that he/she has sufficient command of the English language. Below are ways in which the candidate can meet the English language requirements:
- Be a citizen of an English-speaking country
- Possess a degree from an institution of higher learning in the United Kingdom.
- Pass a UKVI-recognized English language test
- If the applicant is over 65 years of age, he or she may be exempt.
- If the applicant suffers from a disability which prevents them from meeting the English language requirements
- If there are exceptional circumstances that prevent the applicant from meeting the requirement before entering the UK