The list of documents for fiancé(e) and spouse visas

The list of documents for fiancé(e) and spouse visas

The list of documents for fiancé(e) and spouse visas is approximately the same

For fiancé(e)/fiancé(e)/wife/husband:

  • Completed online and signed VAF4(FLR) application + Annex ELT form (filled in by hand).
  • Original passport and copies of all pages
  • Copies of previous passports with visas
  • Marriage certificate (original and copy)
  • Original and copy of birth certificate (not obligatory, but it will facilitate the work of the visa officer so that he/she does not have to check in the FMS database)
  • Photocopy of your divorce certificate (of course, if you are already married)
  • Children’s birth certificates (originals and copies) and children’s passports
  • Evidence of your sole responsibility for the children.
  • Notarized permission from the other parent to take the child for permanent residence.
  • Proof of relationship (printouts of correspondence, telephone details, photographs, tickets and hotel reservations, copies of passport pages with visas, copies of registration forms of foreign nationals in Russia, etc.).
  • Documents confirming your knowledge of English (certificate and annexes to the certificate).
  • The minimum of language you have to show corresponds to level A1 of the Common
  • European Framework of Reference.
  • The requirements are only speaking and listening.
  • Tuberculosis certificate

As of 6 April 2015, the list of the English language test providers that the Home Office accepts has been changed (read more).

Updated list of English language test providers:

Tests taken by 5 April 2015 will be accepted by the Home Office until 5 November 2015:

Plus any documents you think will influence a positive decision on your question, such as documents to prove the financial support you have received from your spouse.

All non-English documents, must be translated into English, with the contact details of the translator. If you do the translation yourself, you must include your contact details. The British Consulate does not require document copies and translations to be notarised. As the main document proving your eligibility for this type of visa is your marriage certificate, if your marriage was not concluded in the UK, it is advisable to have the marriage certificate apostilled.

For UK marriage visa Sponsor:

  • Copy of passport
  • Copy of driving license (for proof of address)
  • Copy of birth certificate (not required, but will help confirm your spouse’s British origin).
  • Certificate of divorce (not required)
  • Copies of children’s birth certificates (will help the officer calculate the family budget)
  • A copy of a work contract or letter from your employer showing how long your spouse has been employed and in what capacity for six months
  • Bank statements for 6 months
  • Copy of sponsor’s house deeds
  • Copy of housing accommodation rent book/council letter
  • Bills from utility company
  • Council tax letter
  • Surveyors report/letter from housing association (as proof of number of rooms, including number of occupants)
  • Copy of tenancy agreement
  • Sponsorship undertaking form (SU07)

Many applicants as well as their British partners and spouses will get calls from the consulate to check if the information is correct. If a woman is applying for a visa with a minor child, questions will be asked about the child and any relatives in Russia/Ukraine etc to whom you can leave the child. Be prepared that your ex-husband will also be called. If the sponsor’s income is less than the minimum, it is possible to obtain a visa, but the spouse will receive a residence permit after 10 years instead of 5 years.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *