UK fiancee visa requirements and process

uk marriage and fiancee visa process

There are two types of bride visa, visitor visa and permanent residence visa. The first one is issued in order to get married in the UK and go home to get a wife’s visa.

The bride’s permanent residence visa is issued to get married in the UK and stay to apply for a spousal visa in England.

Both visas are issued for 6 months. During this time, you need to get married.

For a bride-visitor visa, you do NOT need to provide a certificate of knowledge of the English language and prove finances. However, there are cases when couples prefer to apply for a bride’s visa without leaving the country.

The consular fee for the bride’s visa for permanent residence is the same as for the wife’s visa.

You will be able to order the scanning and downloading service yourself at the visa application center. To do this, you need to bring the entire package of documents to the VC, the VC staff will accept the documents from you and send it to London for verification, scanning and downloading. The cost of sending, scanning and uploading to London via the visa application center is £75+VAT (20%) for a regular application, and £100+VAT (20%) for an urgent application.

A bride’s visa for permanent residence is often applied for if, for some reason, after the marriage, the spouse cannot leave England. For example, if the bride is in a position, then it is difficult to return home alone to collect all the documents for the wife’s visa. Or, if the child has already been born, then the registration of both birth certificates and citizenship will take a lot of time and effort, not to mention the fact that it is not easy to deal with all the paperwork alone with a newborn.

UK fiancee visa for permanent residence

A bride visa to the UK for permanent residence is given if you intend to get married in the UK and subsequently reside in the country. You must register your marriage within 6 months of entering the country. Visa applications are submitted at home, and after registering a marriage in the UK, you can apply for residence as a spouse for 33 months without leaving the country.

You must apply for a visa for the bride (groom) in the country of residence. If you are denied a visa, the consular fee will not be refunded.

  • Your fiancé must have British citizenship or live on a settlement in the UK.
  • Both of you must be at least 18 years old at the date of filing.
  • You should be able to support yourself.
  • You must know English.
  • The relationship must be real.
  • Bride’s visa to England, visitor

A brides visa to the UK is granted if you intend to enter the UK for the purpose of getting married and leaving the country within 6 months.

The groom cannot guarantee that you will leave the country, but he can help provide documents to support your application for a bride’s visa.

  • You must both be over the age of 18,
  • You must prove that you support yourself,
  • You must prove that you are not going to stay in the UK for a long time,
  • You may not work in paid or unpaid work, sell services or goods,
  • You can’t study or be treated,
  • Use your visa as a business visa.

Knowledge of the English language

You must provide a document of completion of English language courses approved by the UK Border Agency, a certain level, or a document of completion of an educational institution for at least a bachelor’s degree in English. Completion of the course is required to obtain a bride visa for permanent residence or a visa for the wife of a British citizen.

For visas for wives and brides, you need to take the Life Skills IELTS A1 test.

The course includes speaking and listening skills. You must understand and use everyday expressions and phrases. You are not required to demonstrate English reading and writing. This is a simple level, and can be completed in almost any country.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *