Visa to marry in UK – UK Fiancée Visa

Visa to marry in UK

What to do if UK Fiancée Visa expires but the marriage has not yet been consummated?

This visa is issued for a period of 6 months, during which the applicant must enter the country and get married. Unfortunately, quite often there are situations where it is not possible to get married within the above period. Due to ignorance of immigration rules, applicants often violate the law by staying in the country illegally without seeking professional help.

In the meantime, if you can’t get married within the visa timeframe, all is not lost. If there are valid reasons and an appropriate letter from an immigration attorney clearly explaining these reasons, the UKBA can extend the Fiancée visa for another 6 months.

It is worth mentioning that the UKBA will not extend this visa indefinitely. This is due to the fact that if such visa was extended more than 3 times, then the couple would be able to apply for a so-called unmarried partners visa. And this is a completely different category, which is completely different from the one that the applicant previously applied for before entering the UK.

In addition, the Fiancée visa is considered temporary. This means that the owners of such a visa is prohibited employment, and stay on this visa does not count towards the period required to obtain permanent residency.

Our specialists will be happy to answer all your questions about getting married in the UK.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *